Cabinets are the spine of a kitchen. They add beauty and value to space. In easy words, they are the pieces of boxes on the wall or on the floor that makes the space more functional. Yet, once your kitchen structure is ready, the next critical factor is to choose the right type of kitchen cabinets.
The Best Kitchen Cabinet Types
Choosing cabinets for a new kitchen is exciting, but it is equally challenging to choose the right suitable type. There are a lot of things involved in kitchen design. Lighting, decor, smart applications, and faucets are puzzles to play to get a perfect kitchen. But, when it comes to organizing arrays of small pieces into the kitchen, you need to consider the big crucial part of the room; and that is the kitchen cabinets.
You might have noticed kitchen cabinets somewhere in your neighborhood or at your friends’ or family member’s home, which you would love to include in your kitchen space. It is, however, a big decision. Before you implement it, it is good to learn different types of beautiful kitchen cabinets available.
Types of Kitchen Cabinets
Stock, Custom, and Semi-custom cabinets are the three basic types of kitchen cabinetry. Each option is beneficial in its way. You can choose one based on your specific budget and requirements.
Stock cabinets are available with limited options; semi-custom cabinets are more stylish and offer varieties of finishes and features; whereas custom cabinets come with an extensive scope of wood types, modifications, finishing options, and construction.
- Stock cabinets are one of the best ways to give your kitchen space a fresh new look. They are available in standard sizes and are available in limited types of door styles, finishes, and colors.
- Semi-custom cabinets come in arrays of styles, options, and features, more than stock cabinets. Having them, you can give your kitchen a personalized look at an affordable expense. When it comes to cost, these cabinets are less expensive than custom cabinets.
- Custom kitchen cabinets are available in arrays of wood types, modifications, construction platforms, and finishes. The best kitchen cabinet designers and installers can meet your specific needs, whether you are looking to upgrade your existing cabinet designs or create entirely new pieces in the factory.
Base cabinets are the lower cabinets. These utterly durable and sturdy cabinets can provide a massive countertop in your kitchen with a strong base. Moreover, you can use base cabinets to create a perfect kitchen island or window seating. They are the most robust option to organize all day-to-day essentials.
There are arrays of base cabinets available. A few of them are listed here.
- Base easy-access cabinets consist of a middle shelf and small racks fixed to the inside door. It offers you sufficient space to store often-used items.
- Super cabinets are available in arrays of options. They come complete with adjustable pull-out shelves, wire racks, and an ample door storage system.
- Corner cabinet incorporates a built-in storage cabinet. Having it, you can make your kitchen space look more prominent and easy to use.
- Two-drawer base cabinets are the ideal storage option to place the most used things. The cupboards make it easy to get the things you are looking for without stretching your hand deep into the shelves to get what you need.
- Base pull out cabinets help you to store the most used items close to your hands. The pull out boxes are the small open shelves fixed with racks that keep things from knocking down as you pull out the tray.
- Open base cabinets are beneficial to store various items that can be easy to reach. You can also use these open doorless cabinets to display decorative items.
Wall cabinets are also known as upper or wall-mounted cabinets. As the name itself says, the cabinets are fixed hanging on a wall as opposed to other resting on the floor options. They are the most healthy option to add functionality and beauty to all spaces in a house.
Let’s review a few types of commonly used wall cabinets.
- A pull-down spice rack is the best option for storing things in a way they are easy to get without the need of making your hands reach the rear of the drawers for a single spice.
- An appliance garage tends to be the most stylish way to hide countertop applications that you no longer or rarely use.
- Wall easy-access storage cabinets also include wire racks fixed inside the door. This design makes it ideal for storing far all sizes of items.
In easy terms, the pantry or utility cabinets provide your kitchen with an exciting vertical look with beautiful storage. The usual height of tall kitchen cabinets ranges from 84 to 96 inches.
Here are some of the few types of tall cabinets.
- Utility tall cabinets are available in arrays of designs. You can store all small items on the hooks, shelves, and drawers on the tall cabinets.
- Oven cabinets are available in multiple shapes and sizes to fit your single or double ovens. You can also place warming drawers or oven-microwave in the cabinets.
- The pantry supercabinet keeps your most used items easily accessible. This cabinetry is an ultimate option for kitchen organization and storage.
Tall pantry pull-out cabinets are the ideal choice to store cooking essentials. The narrow shelves and racks incorporated on each side of the cabinet keep items at your fingertips.
The above listed are the primary types of kitchen cabinets. Each category serves a vital purpose. Moreover, they make your kitchen space more comfortable to use. If you are looking to upgrade your kitchen space with a couple of new cabinets and drawers, stop by kitchen cabinet Mississauga to get help from the experts and grab all the necessities you may require.